cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

website not opening

My website is not opening, go daddy says its a known issue, many customers are complaining about it, it happened last week too, i am sure there are many customer who are facing this issue, go daddy says website is working fine at their end but I have tried different browser, private browser, different isp, none is working, if website is working then why I will stop getting visitor on google analytics, i always have 30-40 users online on my site all the time, something is definitely wrong with go daddy, people are losing business because of this, google will decrease the website ranking because of this, now who is gonna pay for this.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: website not opening

Hey there @Menaka,

Sorry to hear you're having so many issues. As I'm a volunteer and not an employee, I can't speak on the actual known issue itself. I can give you some insight on the process, however.

Usually, a known issue happens when a server, or a cluster of servers, start acting up. This can be due to anything from a random glitch in a command line script to an actual mechanical malfunction. Sometimes, it can be pretty tricky to pin down the actual cause. You implement a solution and it causes something else to break or, because of the solution, something breaks several days later because the memory got exhausted in the server stack or something.

Yeah, so, as you can see, it's a complicated machine that's running your website. And you likely share the same server with hundreds of other accounts which reside in a server farm that houses several million websites which is part of a larger network of servers that host over 17.5+ million websites altogether.

I can say that if it's a known issue, the system admins and engineers on the back end absolutely have their eye on it and they're diligently trying to correct it. It's a process and, like all things, that process can sometimes be painful. If you have a little trust, I'm sure they'll get your website up ASAP. 

And yes, I understand it's your business and you are losing potential income. But this is technology. Sometimes it breaks. Someone gets paid to do that. Just have a little trust.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community
New
Solution

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for such a detail explanation, you gave me thorough knowledge. GoDaddy resolved the issue but site was down for 1 hour, that matters a lot and this is not the first time it happened, I faced the same issue last week, I hope we don't face this kind of outage again and again. 

Joe you were very informative. Thank you once again

Super User III
Super User III

No problem @Menaka!

Usually, when there's a known issue like that, it can take a bit of time for them to get it fixed properly. It's not the norm, though, so try to keep that in mind as well. Trust me, I understand how much of a pain it can be for your site to go down because of something like this, but once I got into the industry and found out why it happens that way, it made much more sense. I still didn't like it but I understood it, which helps a lot.

I'm glad to hear they solved the issue. What's your website? I'd like to check it out. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community