About .bz Domains
dot bz is the sponsor and Afilias is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .bz extension that represents Belize.
Who can register .bz domains?
Anyone can register .bz, .com.bz, and .net.bz domain names.
- .bz: Intended for Belize businesses or individuals.
- .com.bz: Intended for commercial entities.
- .net.bz: Intended for network infrastructures, such as Internet Service Providers.
When registering a .bz domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Your .bz domain name renews on the day after its expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 10 days after expiration and 40 days after expiration before the domain name is cancelled.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it before the 20th day following expiration, you must recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for instructions.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.