Add a favicon in WordPress
The favicon or site icon is an image you see on the tab above your URL when you open your site in a browser. It helps visitors to find your site on their screen when they have multiple browser tabs open. You can manage the site icon settings in the Customizer.
Note: Before following the steps below, you should upload the image you want to use as a favicon to your media library. The image should be square and at least 512 by 512 pixels in size.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-side menu, select Appearance > Themes.
- In the Customizer, select Site Identity.
- In the Site icon section, select Change image. If your site doesn't already have a favicon, select Select site icon.
- Under Select image, select the Media Library tab.
- Find the image you want to use as the site icon and select it. Then select Select.
- Choose a section which you would like to be visible in a browser and then select Crop image.
- Select Publish.
- If you can't add a favicon from your WordPress dashboard, try adding it with FTP.