Add image descriptions in WordPress
Screen readers and search engine crawlers rely on alternative text to obtain information about an image. To help improve SEO and accessibility for your WordPress site, follow these steps to add or edit image descriptions.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-side menu, select Media, and then select Library.
- Select the grid view.
- Select the image you want to edit.
- In the pop-up window, you can enter values for Alternative Text, Caption, and Description.
- To ensure all images on your website contain values in the Alternative Text field, you can check every image manually or use a WordPress plugin from this list to speed up the process.
- Change image dimensions in WordPress