Add my Microsoft 365 email to Mail (Mac)
Step 3 of the Set up my Microsoft 365 account series.
Add your Microsoft 365 email to the Mail app. Then you can send and receive business email from your Mac.
This video is part of the How-To series for setting up email.
- Open Mail. (If this is your first time using Mail, opening the app will start the process.)
- From the menu bar, select Mail, then Add Account.
- Select Exchange and Continue.
- Enter your Name and Microsoft 365 Email Address, and select Sign In.
- Select Sign In again to let Microsoft locate your email address and account info.
- If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA), verify your account or set up the Authenticator app.
- You'll be redirected to the Microsoft 365 sign-in page. Enter your email Password and select Sign In.
- The app will request permission to your account. Select Accept.
- Select Done. You can come back and edit these settings at any point.
Note: You might need to choose your account type as Work or School to continue.
If Microsoft can't find your email, you'll be asked to enter your details manually:
• Username: Your Microsoft 365 email address
• Password: Your Microsoft 365 email password
• Internal URL: outlook.office365.com
• External URL: outlook.office365.com
Your account will display and your email will load, which can take a few minutes.