Adding a Forum
With Website Builder, you can add a forum to your website to let visitors create discussions and post comments in discussion threads.
When you add a forum to your website, it counts toward the number of pages used in your Website Builder plan. For example, if your Website Builder plan includes 10 pages, when you add a forum to your site, you have 9 remaining pages to use when building your website.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your Products list click Website Builder, and then click Manage next to the account you want to use.
- If you are working in the Page Designer, click Exit Designer.
- From the Add-Ons menu, select Forum.
- In the Set Up Forum Domain page, select from the following:
- Create a new subdomain - Lets you set up your forum as a subdomain of your Website Builder domain name.
- Select an available domain from your account - Lets you select a different domain from your account.
- Enter a domain not registered here - Lets you enter a domain that is registered with another Registrar.
- In the User name field, enter a user name for your administrator login.
- In the Password and Confirm password fields, enter a password for your administrator login.
- In the First name and Last name fields, enter your first and last name.
- In the Email address field, enter your contact email address.
- Click Save.
- To launch your forum, from the Add-Ons menu, select Forum, and then click your forum's domain name.
You can also type your forum's domain name into your browser, without first logging in to Website Builder.
- If you need to delete your forum to free up pages, from the Add-Ons menu, select Forum, and then click Delete Forum.