Allow comments on my blog posts
Enabling comments on your blog allows your readers to interact with you and each other. Comments are powered by Disqus, included free in all Website Builder sites.
This video is part of the How-To series for Using a blog for your business.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Website Builder and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- From your Dashboard, select Marketing > Blog to go to your blog.
- Select the Comments tab.
- Select the toggle to the right of Allow readers to comment on your posts to switch it from Off to On.
- Sign in to your Disqus account. If you don't already have one, select Need an account? to create one for free.
- Now that comments are enabled and you're signed in to Disqus, your blog will automatically have comments enabled on every blog post.
Disable comments on individual blog posts
If you want to turn off commenting for a specific post:
- Go to the post you want to edit. (From the Dashboard, go to Marketing > Blog and select the post from the list on the Blog tab.)
- Change the Allow Commenting toggle in the sidebar from On to Off.
- Comments are now disabled for that post only (but still enabled for the rest of your blog).
- To moderate comments, use the tools embedded on your website (if you are signed in to your Disqus account), or use the link to visit your Disqus dashboard.