Change my data center
For the best possible website speed, the data center for your Linux Hosting account should be located geographically closest to your primary audience. To change your data center, you purchase a migration, select the new data center, and schedule a migration time as explained here.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, in the Settings section, select Server.
- Next to Data center, click Change.
- Click Next.
- Complete the purchase and click Checkout.
- Go back to your account Dashboard, and in the Settings section select Server.
- Next to Data center, click Schedule.
- Select the data center you want to use, as well as the best time for your site to experience downtime for the migration.
- Click Schedule Migration.
We'll email you to confirm your migration when it starts and when it's complete.
- You can reschedule your data center migration if your previously selected migration is no longer a good time.
- If your data center migration failed, check out a few potential causes and how to fix them.
- If your domain name's DNS is not under GoDaddy control, you'll need to find your hosting account's new IP address and then update it with the company that controls your DNS.
- You can learn more about ways to protect your personal data.