Changing the SSH Port for Your Linux Server
You can change the default SSH port for your Linux server as an added security measure.
Make sure the new SSH port does not conflict with any known or blocked ports
To Change the SSH Port for Your Linux Server
- Connect to your server via SSH (more info).
- Switch to the root user (more info).
- Run the following command:
- Locate the following line:
# Port 22
- Remove # and change 22 to your desired port number.
- Restart the sshd service by running the following command:
service sshd restart