Connect my site to a new domain
Purchase and connect your site to a brand-new domain name.
Other options include:
- Connect your website to a domain in your GoDaddy account.
- Connect your website to an external domain with a different provider or in a different GoDaddy account.
Note: The cost of hosting your website is separate from the cost of your domain. If you're on a free trial, you'll need to sign up for a paid plan. Compare plans and pricing.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select Settings.
- Next to your domain name, select Manage.
- Select Get a new domain.
- We’ll suggest some domain names for you based on your free domain name, or you can search for a new domain name.
- Follow the prompts to add protection (optional) and complete your purchase. Select Continue to return to connecting your new domain to your website.
- Check the domain name is correct and it's the selected option. Then select Save & Publish or Save. Your changes won't be visible to other people until you publish.
Connecting to your GoDaddy domain usually takes a few minutes but can take up to 72 hours.