Edit my outbound spam filter policy for email forwarding
As a security measure, by default, you can't forward email to external addresses. You'll need to first edit your outbound spam filter policy before you can forward Microsoft 365 email to a different account.
- Sign in to Office 365 Security & Compliance using your admin email address and password.
- Select Anti-spam outbound policy (Default).
- In the right pane, select Edit protection settings.
- Under Automatic forwarding rules, select On - Forwarding is enabled from the list.
- Select Save. You can now use forwards with external email addresses.
- Inbox rules from Microsoft