Enable DNSSEC on my domain
Add an extra layer of security to your domains by upgrading to Premium DNS and enabling DNSSEC, Domain Name Security Extensions. The extra security is added by attaching digital signature (DS) records to the domain's DNS information. GoDaddy automatically handles DS records for your domain when the domain is using GoDaddy nameservers. If your domain is set to third-party nameservers and you're using self-managed DNSSEC, you'll need to manually add a DS record for DNSSEC.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS to access your zone file.
- Select DNSSEC from the More menu.
- Under Enabled, select ON. You can't use both DNSSEC and Secondary DNS with the same domain name.
- Enter your email address in the Email key change notifications to: field.
- Select Apply to save your changes.
We'll handle all your DNSSEC settings for you once it's enabled, so you don't need to take any further action. It may take up to 48 hours for your DNSSEC settings to take effect globally.