Get started with Windows hosting
If you're new to Windows hosting with Plesk, follow these basic steps to get started.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and go to your My Products page.
- If you haven't set up your Windows hosting account yet, click Web Hosting, and next to your account click Set Up. Follow the instructions to set up your Plesk account.
- Use Plesk File Manager to upload your files. Your hosting account uses httpdocs as the root directory for your primary domain. For more info, see Upload files in Plesk hosting.
- If you don't have a website yet, upload a content management system (CMS). A CMS is an application you can use to build a website and manage all its content. Some examples of CMS applications are WordPress, Drupal, and joomla. For more on uploading applications, see Install applications in Plesk hosting.
- After you have your site up and running, use Plesk Backup Manager to fully automate backups, so you never have to worry about losing your site content. For more information, see Back up my website in Plesk hosting.