Manage subdomains in cPanel hosting
Subdomains let you create memorable addresses and easy ways to access areas of your website. For example, you could create a subdomain for pictures on your site called "pics" that is accessible through the URL
pics.example.com in addition to
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Domains section, click Subdomains.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Create:
- Subdomain — Enter the subdomain you want to use for one of your hosted domain names.
- Select the domain name for which you want to create the subdomain.
- Document Root — Enter the directory you want to use as the root directory for the subdomain's website, or use cPanel's default.
You can also Remove subdomains from this page.
To Redirect Subdomains
- In cPanel, in the Domains section, click Subdomains.
- In the Modify a Subdomain section, next to the subdomain, click Manage Redirection.
- In the coolexample.com redirects to field, enter the URL you want to use, and then click Save.