Remove a domain from Linux Hosting
Follow these steps to remove a domain from your Linux Hosting account. How you remove it depends on whether it's the primary or a secondary or addon domain on the account.
- If it's the primary domain for the account, you can either cancel the domain completely or change the primary domain name for the account.
- If it's a secondary or addon domain name for the account, follow these steps to remove it.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Domains section, click Addon Domains.
- In the Addon Domains section, next to the domain you want to remove, in the Actions column, click the trash can.
- Click Remove. cPanel removes the addon domain from the account.
To find product information, please see our web hosting page.
Removing a domain name from your hosting account lets you:
- Make a different domain the primary domain name of this hosting account.
- Add the domain name you removed to another hosting account.
When you delete domain names, it can take up to 24 hours before you can add it to another account.