Set up my Website Builder site
Creating a website for your business is a great way to build an online presence. GoDaddy’s website builder is an online editing and publishing tool that helps you make a responsive website with no technical knowledge.
Start a site
From godaddy.com, select Start for Free. You’ll be asked a few questions including the type and name of your business. We use this information to provide photo and content recommendations for your site.
Note: You can purchase a plan now, or continue with the free trial. Compare plans and prices.
If you've already started your site you can acess it by going to your GoDaddy product page. Scroll down to Website Builder and select Manage next to the website you’ve started and select Edit Website.
Change how your website looks with a new theme, colors and fonts
Your site has been customized based on the things you selected when you set up your site. Every line of text, every image and each page is customizable. Your theme determines the overall appearance of your site. You can also select the site colors, fonts and button style that’ll be used throughout your site.
- Select Theme and then Try a new look.
- The gallery previews how your site home page looks in every theme option. As soon as you Select a theme, that theme is applied.
- Select one of the suggested matching colors, or select a custom color. If you have a custom color for your business, enter the hexadecimal code.
- Use the Paint your site slider to adjust how light, colorful, or dark your site is as a whole. Don't worry, you can still change each section's color individually.
- The Primary font is generally used for headings on your site. The Secondary font is used for body text.
- Choose from our recommended preset font pairings.
- The Primary button style is used for dominate actions, like Subscribe. The Secondary button style is for supportive actions, like Learn More.
- Expand the button style you want to change and select a button style from the list and select Done.
Customize your home page
The number of pages and sections are preselected for you based on the type of business you selected when you set up your site. Each page and section is customizable.
- In the preview window, select Header. The header is the first thing your site visitors see. It should have a compelling image and a call-to-action button directing them to what you want them to do.
- Select Cover Media to add, edit or change the image, add a video or a slideshow.
- Add a Promotional Banner or Logo.
- Action Button is used to change the name of the button and direct what happens when a site visitor selects the button.
Add, edit, delete or reorder pages
If the website that was created for you has additional pages you can edit the content, just like you did on the home page. If you want to change the name of the page, reorder the pages, or delete the page you can do that, too.
If your website didn’t come with the page you want, you can add additional pages (for example a Contact Us or About Us page).
Add a page
- To add a new page, select + Add Page in the right pane under Site Navigation.
- Choose a page template and select Create Page.
- Enter a Page Title and turn on the toggles for where you want your new page to show.
- Select Done.
- If the content that you want on your new page exists in a section on your home page, you can move the section to the new page.
Edit or delete a page
Use the page settings in the right pane to edit or delete a page.
- To edit the page name, select the page then Settings > Rename.
- To delete the page, select the page then Settings > Delete Page.
- To reorder the pages in your site navigation, select Reorder Pages.
- Drag and drop the pages in the order that you want them to appear.
- Select Done.
Connect a domain and publish your site
Once your site is built, you’re ready to connect your site to a custom domain.
- Select Settings.
- Next to your domain name, select Manage.
- Select the radio button that applies to you and follow the steps to connect your domain.
- Now that you’ve built your site and connected your domain, you’re ready to get it out there for the world to see. Select Publish.