Updating Your Certificate's Signature Algorithm to SHA-2
If you use a SHA-1 certificate, you need to change its signature algorithm to SHA-2 to ensure your certificate's security
To Update Your Certificate to SHA-2
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Next to the certificate you want to use, in the Actions column, click View Status.
- Click Manage.
- Click Change encryption algorithm and/or certificate issuer.
- From the Certificate issuer and encryption method, select one of the options that contains SHA-2.
Note: You can change your certificate issuer by selecting either Starfield or GoDaddy. This information only displays when visitors view your certificate details in their browsers.
- Click Save.
- Click Submit All Saved Changes.
Your update certificate is immediately available for download (more info).
You'll need to install this updated certificate on your server (more info).