Set up the Microsoft Authenticator app
The Microsoft Authenticator app helps prevent unauthorized access to your email account. When you sign in, the app will confirm that it's really you, so your essential information remains secure.
Note: You can add the Authenticator app on up to five devices.
Step 1: Open the Authenticator app
- Install and open Microsoft Authenticator for Android or iOS.
- If you see a privacy statement, select I agree.
- You might need to tap Add account, and then tap Work or school account. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- Tap Scan a QR code (allow the app to take a picture at this time).
Step 2: Scan the QR code
- Go to your Security info page.
- If you can't sign, select Next. Then continue to the next step.
- If you can sign in, select Add method. Select Authenticator app from the list, and then select Add.
Note: To enter the code without using a QR scanner, select Can't scan image. From the app, at the bottom of the screen, tap Or Enter Code Manually, enter the code and URL, and tap Finish.
Step 3: Add a phone number
You might be asked to add your phone number if it isn't already a sign-in method.
- Enter a phone number and select Text me a code or Call me. Then select Next.
- Enter the code and select Next.
- Once your phone is verified, select Next.
- You'll see a success message. Select Done.
Your email account will appear under Authenticator in the app, and you'll see Microsoft Authenticator on the Security info page. Now you're ready to use the Authenticator app to confirm your identity when signing in or setting up email.
Note: The password feature in the Authenticator app is unavailable to Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy accounts.