About Export Transfer Methods
There are four methods you can use to transfer automated exports.
Required: Customer / Order / Coupon Export is a premium WooCommerce extension included with WordPress Ecommerce Hosting or as a standalone purchase.
Exports transferred locally are available for 14 days in the Export List. There’s no special setup required for this transfer method.
To transfer via FTP, you’ll need to update the following settings:
- Server address: Enter an IP address or hostname for the FTP server.
- FTP Username.
- FTP Password.
- Port: Enter “21” for regular FTP, “22” for SFTP, or “990” for FTP with Implicit SSL.
- Initial path: Enter the initial path for the FTP server without a leading slash and with a trailing slash. If you’re connecting via SFTP, the initial path should be the full path of the folder if your username doesn’t default to the HOME directory.
- Security: Choose your FTP server’s security.
- Passive mode: Enable to turn on passive mode for FTP connections. This should be disabled unless you are having issues connecting, especially if you’re seeing the PORT command successful message followed by a timeout in the error log (WooCommerce > Status > Logs).
Don’t know your FTP settings or credentials? Get in touch with your FTP provider to confirm any details you aren’t sure about.
To transfer via HTTP POST, you’ll need to enter the HTTP POST URL where the export file should be sent. This is a great option for sending files to Zapier.
To transfer via email, you’ll need to update a few settings:
- Recipient(s): Enter one or more (comma-separated) emails that should receive the export. If left blank, the export will send to the site admin’s email address, which is shown in the field’s tooltip and can be edited by going to Settings > General.
- Email subject: Set a subject line for the export email to help recipients identify the export file.
Note: When you choose to Export and Send data from the Orders or Users pages, you’ll be prompted to select an automated export. The plugin will then use that export’s transfer method settings to send the exported data.