About .tc Domains
Nic.tc is the sponsor and Key Systems is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .tc extension that represents Republic of Turks and Caicos Islands.
Who can register .tc domains?
Important Note: Effective June 24, 2021, GoDaddy is no longer accepting registrations or incoming transfers for the .tc extentions. If you already owned a .tc domain with GoDaddy prior to June 24, 2021, you can continue to renew your existing .tc domain name.
When registering a .tc domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9
- Cannot use: Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: Not supported
- Renewal length: 1 - 9 years
- Your .tc domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domains for instructions on the redemption. Please note, we cannot guarantee that the domain name will be able to be restored.
- For example: Your .tc domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Not supported
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides to request an authorization code.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When the domain name is moved, the registrant's first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant, on a .tc domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 0-4 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .tc domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .tc domain.