Add a DS record
You can can manually add DS records to domains in your account that are registered with GoDaddy and are not using GoDaddy nameservers. If your domain is registered somewhere else, you'll need to input the DS records we provide you at your domain registrar.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see Edit DNS.
- Select DNSSEC above your DNS records zone file.
- Select Add DS Record.
- If your domain is using GoDaddy nameservers but is not registered with GoDaddy, select Show DS Records, then select Copy DS record to copy the record to your clipboard. You'll need to enter the DS records at your domain registrar.
- Enter the details for your new DS record:
- Key Tag: A number between 1 and 65536 that quickly identifies this DS record.
- Algorithm: An identifier of the cryptographic algorithm that generates the signature. Choose an option from the menu.
- Digest Type: This determines the algorithm type that constructs the digest. Choose 1 or 2 from the menu.
- Digest: The digest is an alpha-numeric value that specifies a cryptographic hash value of the referenced DNSKEY Record.
- Select Save to add your DS record.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Secure your website further with an SSL and Website Security.
- Some domains don't support DNSSEC.
- Turn on auto-renew to continue your domain registration uninterrupted.
- Set up 2-step verification for the best security on your domains and account.