Connect to my Managed WordPress server with SSH (Secure Shell)
Once you've enabled SSH on your Managed WordPress account, follow these general steps to connect via SSH using a client.
Before you follow these steps, you need this info:
- Your domain name or IP address.
- Your primary FTP username (steps 1-5).
- Your primary FTP password (steps 1-5).
Got all that info? Let's get started!
- Launch the SSH client.
- Enter the host (your domain name or IP address) and port 22 to establish the SSH connection.
- When prompted, enter your primary FTP username and password.
Note: We provide information about how to use certain third-party products. We do not endorse or directly support third-party products and are not responsible for their functions or the reliability of such products. Third-party marks and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
- Here's the home page for Managed WordPress Help articles.