Review email spam issues on your server
All of our servers have the ability to send mail by default, but the server can also be used to send SPAM without your knowledge. This is typically due to a compromised email password or with a script on your site(s).
Signs of a SPAM issue
- Your daily amount of allowed outgoing email relays (5000 by default) is regularly being reached.
- You can't send mail at all, and receive bounceback messages like "Message Delivery Failure" or "Access to this mail system has been blocked."
- The outgoing mail queue in WHM Mail Queue Manager or Plesk Mail Queue is full or not processing.
SPAM can quickly bring your business to a standstill. If you think your server is sending SPAM, it's important to quickly identify, resolve and prevent any further issues.
GoDaddy Hosting Services
Our server experts can audit your mail and website logs to help identify SPAM issues, fix problems such as a compromised password, and recommend changes for any issues we cannot address (like securing a contact form). Our GoDaddy Guides are available if you want to learn more about this service.
- To learn more about the services GoDaddy offers, see our Hosting Services Menu.
- Dive in: All Gen 4 VPS and Dedicated Server articles