Understanding accounts in the Reseller Program
The Reseller Program is flexible when it comes to setting up and managing accounts. While we keep a strict eye on security, it's easy to interact with the different accounts.
Note: To receive support for any account, you must have the username or customer number and 4-digit Support PIN for that account.
- The account where you purchase and annually renew your reseller plan.
- The account where you update commission payment information, use your free products and access the Reseller Control Center.
- You don't receive commission or receive special discounts on purchases made with this account.
- Accounts for purchasing products at the retail price from your reseller storefront. Any visitor to your storefront can sign up and manage one of these accounts.
- You earn commission on any purchases made with these accounts.
- By default, you can access customer accounts as a delegate, such as to open and use their products.
Discount Customer Account
- Accounts for purchasing products at the wholesale rates from your reseller storefront.
- One of these accounts is automatically created for you when you set up your reseller plan.
- You can add this status to any customer accounts under your reseller plan.
- You don't earn commission on purchases made with these accounts, which means the purchases don't display in your commissions report.
- By default, you can access discount customer accounts as a delegate, such as to open and use their products.
- Accounts set up as a customer of a Super Reseller.
- You can only purchase Basic or Pro Reseller plans with these accounts.
- Super Resellers make commission on the sale or renewal of sub-resellers' plans as well as commissions from sub-resellers' product sales.
- If a customer account or discount customer account revokes delegate access, you can request access again.
- Once you set up your reseller account and start selling products, start earning commissions from your storefront.