Why did I get an error message when I tried setting up a New Account?
If you try to set up hosting, Website Builder, Quick Shopping Cart®, or Photo Album with a domain name already used by one of these products, you receive an error message. Depending on the error message, you can resolve the issue by changing the domain name the application uses or by contacting customer support.
You can resolve these error messages by changing the domain name that an application uses:
- Your domain [domain in your account] is not available for this hosting account. Setup can not continue because this domain is being used by the following application: [application using domain].
- Your domain [domain in your account] is not available for setup at this time. The domain is being aliased by [application's primary domain]. Please remove the alias from the hosting account and try again.
- Domain already in use.
To find the account that currently uses the domain, go to the Payments tab. Either the application that uses the domain or the application's primary domain appears. For help changing your domain, see:
- Change my domain
- What is going to happen to my free Quick Blogcast account?
- Change my album's domain name
- Changing Your Quick Shopping Cart Domain Name
Contact customer support for help resolving these error messages:
- The domain [domain you tried to use] is not available for this hosting account. Setup can not continue because this domain is being used by another customer.
- Domain name is used. Please select a new domain name.
- Domain name is already in use.