.co is global, recognizable — and moving fast.
.co is a top-level domain extension and it’s the acronym for company or corporation. .co domain names are easy to recognize, simple to remember and flexible to use. They offer international recognition in a landscape where it’s essential to register a domain name with care — not just settle for what's available.
When you want something modern (and even a little edgy), dot co is at least a letter or two shorter than most domain names, signaling your business is on the cutting edge. It could get you more attention as people wonder what’s up with this online brand hooked to two simple letters.
Why go with a dot co domain extension?
Back in 2010 when .co launched, there weren’t as many options for standing out with your domain name. And while there are hundreds of new domain extensions to choose from today, .co is the perfect blend of edgy and established. So why register .co? There are a lot of reasons:
- It’s meaningful, memorable and intuitive for people around the world.
- It’s relevant for individuals, businesses and organizations.
- It gives businesses and brands the chance to create a worldwide footprint.
- It appeals to today's socially networked individuals and entrepreneurs.
- It’s built on industry-leading technology, enhanced security and the latest protection mechanisms.
- It’s new enough – and short enough – that it’s easier to get a memorable domain.
There are lots of domains specialized for a specific use or region, but dot co is like that all-star player on a championship team. It’s an all-around performer, a whiz when it comes to versatility and memorability. When you’re ready to take the field with your next idea, make sure to start with a .co domain name.
Global demand for .co domains.
It didn’t take long to discover people were willing to pay top dollar for this short and catchy domain extension. When registrations opened to the whole world in 2010, an auction of the highly desirable e.co brought in 297,466.04 AED. It wasn’t long before the .co domain was sparking interest and adoption by some of the most well-known businesses worldwide. Today, you can big names taking advantage of .co, including:
- Amazon (a.co)
- Google (g.co)
- Snapchat (s.co)
- Twitter (t.co)
- GoDaddy (x.co)