About .be Domains
DNS.be is the sponsor and Key Systems is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .be extension that represents Belgium.
Who can register .be domains?
Anyone can register .be domain names.
When registering a .be domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- Your .be domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether you set the domain name to auto-renew or manually renew. We attempt auto-renewal on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for instructions.
- For example: Your .be domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Must Use: 2-63 Characters
- If your domain was repossessed by the registry due to Invalid Whois, please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not supported
- To transfer your .be domain to another registrar, the domain does not need to be unlocked. You must submit the transfer with the gaining registrar, who will require the registrant to provide an authorization code for the transfer. Please contact our GoDaddy Guides to request the authorization code.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When you move the domain name, the registrant's first name, last name, and organization (company name) cannot change.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the following registrant contact fields, please contact our award-winning GoDaddy Guides.
- First name
- Last name
- Updates to the registrant are called a trade. This process mirrors new registration, and the registry charges a fee (the cost of one year of registration). The domain name's registration resets to one year when the trade completes.You can update all other domain name contact information through the Domain Manager
- Must use: 1-9 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .be domain names, please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Want to register a .be domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .be domain.