About .QUEBEC domains
PointQuebec is the sponsor and CORE is the backend provider for the .QUEBEC extension.
Who can register .QUEBEC domains?
Anyone can register .QUEBEC domain names on a first-come, first-served basis. However, .QUEBEC requires the completion of a statement of "Intended Use" for the domain name while going through the purchase path. This statement can be a minimum of one character and a maximum of 2048 characters
When registering a .QUEBEC domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- If you own an existing .QUEBEC, you own all existing IDN variants. Changes made to the registered domain will impact all versions of the domain.
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .QUEBEC domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails or isn't enabled at all, we’ll park your .QUEBEC domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 1-12 nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6