Add an AAAA record
Add an AAAA record to your DNS zone file to connect your domain to a website. They are similar to A records, but AAAA records point to 128 bit/IPv6 addresses, instead of the IPv4 addresses used by A records. An IPv6 address is represented as eight groups of four hexadecimal digits.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS to access your zone file.
- Select Add to add a new record.
- Select TXT from the Type menu options.
- Enter the details for your AAAA record:
- Name: The host name for the record. Type @ to put the AAAA record on your root domain, or enter a prefix, like mail.
- Value: The IPv6 for your record. Typically, this will be the IP address of your hosting account. For example, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:6a2e:0371:7234 is a valid IPv6 address.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Add Record to save your new AAAA record.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Edit an existing AAA record if you need to make any changes.