Add an AAAA record
AAAA records are DNS records that use an IP address to connect a domain to a website, and can be added to your domain at any time. They are similar to A records, but AAAA records point to 128–bit/IPv6 addresses, instead of the IPv4 addresses used by A records. A 128–bit/IPv6 address is represented as eight groups of four hexidecimal digits.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- Select Add under the records table.
- Under Type, select AAAA.
- Enter the details for your AAAA record:
- Host: The host name the AAAA record links to. Type @ to point directly to your domain name.
- Points to: The 128–bit/IPv6 address you are setting as the destination for the host. For example, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:6a2e:0371:7234 is a valid 128–bit/IPv6 address.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Save to save your new AAAA record.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to take full effect globally.
- Need to make some changes to your AAAA records? Make the edits you need at any time.