You can let your customers log into your WooCommerce store using their LinkedIn credentials. Follow the steps below to setup the LinkedIn social plugin:
Required: WooCommerce Social Login is a premium WooCommerce extension included with Managed WordPress Ecommerce, Managed WooCommerce Stores or as a standalone purchase.
Create a new app
- Sign in to the LinkedIn Developer Portal.
- Select Create App and enter your app details:
- App name - Enter a name that your website visitors will recognize.
- LinkedIn Page - The LinkedIn page you want associated with the app. If you don’t have a Linkedin Page for your organization, you’ll need to create one. ::: note Note: If you run into the error: “Please input a valid LinkedIn Page URL or type to search by company”, append your page URL with /about/. :::
- App logo - Upload a logo visitors will recognize when authorizing the app.
- Check the legal agreement and then select Create app.
Required: Make sure you verify the app before continuing.
- Go to the Products tab and select Share on LinkedIn and Sign In with Linkedin. This will add the permissions needed for the app to use social login..
Note: These requests are reviewed by LinkedIn and may take a few minutes.
- Under the Auth tab, copy the Client ID and Client Secret. You will use these to configure your settings inside of WooCommerce.
Enter application details
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce and click on Settings.
- Select the Social Login tab and click on LinkedIn.
- Select Enable LinkedIn.
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret you copied from LinkedIn.
- Click on Save changes.
Set OAuth redirect URL
Copy the OAuth 2.0 Redirect URL found in the LinkedIn social login settings. It will look something like this:
- In your LinkedIn app settings, go to the Auth tab and paste the URL into Authorized redirect URL for your app.
- Scroll down to the OAuth 2.0 scopes section and make sure you have the following scopes listed so the LinkedIn social login works successfully:
- Click on Update.
Customers should now be able to log into your shop using Linkedin!Back to Top
Refer to the links below for steps on how to connect other social login methods: