Create attributes for a variable product
Once you've created the variable product, you need to define attribute values. Attributes are things like size or color. Let's say that you sell clothing in three sizes, then Size is the attribute name. The attribute values will be small, medium, and large.
- Log in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, click Products, which will expand and give additional options.
- Click All Products in the expanded Products menu.
- Select the variable product to edit.
Note: Make sure that you create the variable product first.
- In the Product data section, complete the following:
- Go to the Attributes section on the left menu to create attribute values.
- Click the Add button to create a new custom attribute.
- Enter a Name for the custom attribute, such as Size.
- Enter Values for your attributes, separated with the pipe symbol "|" (found above your return key). In this example, we have three attributes for size: Small | Medium | Large
- Select the checkbox Use for variation
- Click Save attributes to save your attributes.
- Repeat step 5 for each attribute.
- Click the Save Draft or Publish button near the top-right.
You can make changes to the product’s attributes at any time.