Disable Secondary DNS
Disable Secondary DNS for a domain name at any time. If you're using GoDaddy nameservers as secondary nameservers, we move your domain to the default Premium DNS nameservers. Disabling Secondary DNS will remove the additional set of nameservers currently acting as a backup for your DNS zone file.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS to access your zone file.
- Select Secondary DNS from the More menu.
- Select Off under Enabled to turn off and disable Secondary DNS.
- Select Apply to save your changes.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Looking for some extra DNS security? Enable DNSSEC now that you've disabled Secondary DNS.