Get the most out of Advanced Email Security
Now that you have Advanced Email Security on your Microsoft 365 mailbox, customize it to fit your needs.
We recommend learning about and using the following features to get the most out of Advanced Email Security:
- Email encryption: Encrypt your outgoing emails by adding [ENCRYPT] to the subject line.
- Email banners: Change how and when a user is notified of a potentially malicious email.
- Spam settings: Choose when your email is determined to be spam.
- Email filters: Filter your messages using details like the sender address, headers and even content.
- Safe and blocked senders list: Allow or deny specific senders to send emails to your users.
- Quarantined email: Review your quarantined emails and report false positives and negatives.
- Quarantine digest: Receive a summary of quarantined messages via email.
- SMTP Discovery: Monitor email addresses that are sending mail with your domain name, but aren't added as users or functional accounts, like distribution groups and aliases.
- URL Defense: Rewrite potentially harmful links that are sent to the users in your organization.
- Emergency Inbox: Access your email when your inbox is unreachable.
- Custom branding and logo: Customize your dashboard to match your brand.
Here are a few articles from Advanced Email Security on other available features.
- Attachment Defense: Remove any potentially harmful attachments from incoming emails.
- Spooling alerts: Receive notifications of failed email delivery to specific users.
- Anti-spoofing policies: Protect your users from receiving emails from malicious senders.